Ensuring the safety of your baby is a top priority for every parent. One crucial aspect to consider is the materials used in baby bottles and their potential risks. The right choice of baby bottle material can make a significant impact on your baby's health and well-being. In this guide, we will explore different baby bottle materials, shedding light on which to avoid and exploring...
There comes a time when some mothers may choose to transition their babies from breastfeeding to bottle feeding. In this guide, we talk through the top signs of readiness and how to navigate the transition.
To help you make the best choices for your little one’s skin, this guide will explain what ‘natural’ baby care really means and show you how Pigeon’s Natural Botanical range will give your baby the gentlest and safest skin care they deserve.
Baby Feeding Glossary - Your Ultimate Guide to Baby Feeding Terminology
We get it, it can be daunting for new parents to navigate through the world of baby products. With a huge range of feeding products available, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure of what is truly essential for feeding your little one. So to help you along your journey, we've crafted this comprehensive glossary to decode the language of baby feeding and to assist you in determining the necessary essentials to ensure your newborn is well-fed. So let's delve in.
- Glass bottles Baby bottles made of durable and heat-resistant glass, providing an alternative to plastic bottles, known for their easy cleaning and durability.
- Large bottles Bottles with greater capacity, ideal for longer feeding sessions or older babies.
- Medium bottles Standard-sized bottles that strike a balance between capacity and convenience, catering to the average feeding needs of babies.
- Newborn bottles Specially designed bottles with smaller sizes and flow rates, tailored for newborns and their feeding needs.
- Slim-neck bottles Bottles with a narrow neck, designed for easy handling and suitable for babies with smaller mouths or for controlled milk flow.
- Small bottles Compact-sized bottles suitable for shorter feeding sessions or newborn babies.
- Wide-neck bottles Bottles with a wider opening, facilitating easier filling and cleaning, and often preferred by babies transitioning between breast and bottle feeding.
Breastmilk storage bag A disposable bag with a secure seal, designed for storing and freezing expressed breast milk, providing space-efficient and hygienic storage options.
Breast pump flange Removable component of a breast pump that fits over the breast and nipple to create a secure seal for efficient milk extraction.
Formula dispenser Portable container with compartments for pre-measured formula powder, allowing convenient and hygienic preparation of formula on-the-go.
Feeding spoons Small utensils with soft tips, ideal for introducing solid foods to infants and facilitating self-feeding skills.
Food processor Kitchen appliance used to blend, puree, or process food into various consistencies, suitable for making homemade baby food.
Hand & mouth wipes Disposable wipes designed for gentle cleaning and hygiene, suitable for cleaning hands and mouths, particularly for babies and young children.
Nipple shield A silicone or rubber shield placed over the nipple to assist with latch issues or protect sensitive nipples during breastfeeding.
Nipple puller A device designed to draw out inverted or flat nipples, aiding in breastfeeding and ensuring proper latch.
Nursing pillow A supportive pillow specifically designed to provide comfort and proper positioning for nursing or bottle-feeding infants.
Pacifier A nipple-like device made of silicone or latex, providing a soothing sensation for infants to suck on, promoting self-soothing and calming.
Sippy cups Transition cups with spouts or straws, designed for toddlers to learn to drink independently, aiding in the transition from bottles to regular cups.
Teats Soft, nipple-like attachments that are placed on baby bottles, allowing infants to suck and drink milk or formula.
Teethers Chewable toys or devices designed to soothe teething discomfort and stimulate gum development in babies.
Training toothbrush A toothbrush specifically designed for infants and toddlers, featuring soft bristles and a small head to introduce proper oral hygiene habits.
Toothgel A gentle toothpaste or gel formulated for babies and young children, promoting healthy oral care habits and protecting their developing teeth.
Weaning bottle A specialised bottle designed for transitioning babies from breastfeeding or bottle-feeding to drinking from a regular cup, with features like removable handles and spouts.